Sunday, October 17, 2010

Recent Projects

Its probably been about a week since the last post.  Since then, I've stayed pretty busy!  I have been researching online how to make products at home that are safer for me and my family (because I LOVE them so much) that are safer on our bodies and on the environment.

I truly believe that changing these simple things can have a huge impact on our lives.  Half the time we have no clue what we are putting on and in our bodies and how it is cycling through our waters just for us to consume again.  For example, liquid fabric softener contains high levels of carcinogens.  We cycle it through our washing machines and back into the water system, just to use/consume it later.  Fabric softeners are smothered in fragrances to cover up the chemicals and release over time, especially in heat.  I don't know about you, but when I get sweaty from going running, the last thing I want is to come home and know that the heat from my body is causing my clothes to release toxic chemicals onto my porous skin!  I would site a website that I am getting this info from, but I would like to challenge you to research it yourself so that you can see for yourself and don't have to quote someone's blog that says they researched it before posting "information" on the subject.

I have also started making my own laundry detergent, deodorant, hand soap, and disinfectant spray.  And yes, they all work!  And work just as well as the crap on the shelves!  Its nice to know that I don't have to worry about putting known cancer causing agents in my armpits, an inch away from my breast tissue, or that I can safely clean the kitchen after cooking with raw meats and eggs without my kids inhaling toxins from the crap sprays.

I challenge you to look at what you are using on a regular basis and decide if its right for your family.  Research it, understand it.  I will gladly help you in any way.  I'll even make the products for you!  Just tell me what you need and I'll excitedly (and cheaply) make it just for you!

Happy Researching!

A Tout A L'heure!

1 comment: