Orzo and bean explosion!
1 cup organic Orzo
1/2 Green Pepper
Cut up, and cooked, chicken breast (best if you the same seasoning on the chicken while being cooked :))
1 can 365 brand organic black beans drained
1/3 cup chopped spinach
Rosemary, Thyme, Sea Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Parsley to taste
1. In a sauce pan, fill 1/3 to half full water, boil 1 cup Orzo about 9 minutes. It is a similar to both rice and pasta so check for tenderness but not mushy-ness. (BTW, there is about 6g protein for only 1/3 cup! Not bad!)
2. In a skillet, cook cubed chicken breast, green peppers, onions, black beans, spinach and seasonings on EVOO until onions and green peppers are a little soft but not brown, and chicken and beans are very warm.
3. Drain Orzo when it is finished cooking, add a little seasoning, and combine the two groupings into one bowl.
You can eat this just in a bowl as I like to, or you can put it in a wrap like my husband! Other suggestions would be to add tomatoes or other veggies you think would be good!
Whole Wheat Tandoori Naan, cut into triangles
1/2 cooked, cut, seasoned chicken breast
Organic Italian mix cheese, Mozz, Parmesan, etc to taste
1/4 cut chopped spinach
Rosemary, Thyme, pepper, garlic to taste
1. Cut Naan into triangles, and brush a light layer of EVOO on top. I use EVOO cooking spray in the pan to prevent sticking but just plain EVOO would probably work.
2. Bake triangles for about 3 minutes and pull out to put toppings on it.
3. Place a couple pieces of cubed chicken , then a little spinach, and then a little cheese on top. Then add seasonings.
4. Bake for about 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Side note: Naan is a traditional Indian flatbread. It can be used for Pizzas, as a crouton alternative after being toasted for salads or soups, or wraps. It has 5g of fiber, and 7g protein in each one. It also has 115g potassium in each one. It also has 26g of whole grain in each. It is a little high in sodium, 420mg, but in moderation is an excellent substitution for conventional bread. I recommend Whole Food's 365 brand. It is a great price and the quality is excellent!
If you are wanting to try these, let me know how it goes! I'm always up for questions and suggestions!
A Tout A L'heure!!